So many countdown to Christmas, here at @SailorGirlHQ, we count down to the Rolex Sydney Hobart!
Can’t wait for the start in just two sleeps, and to make sure you don’t miss a second of the race, here is a rundown of what we will be covering for you!
- Pre-race interviews are being released as we speak with a selection of the fleet. Keep an eye on Facebook, Instagram or YouTube!
- We have also live streamed every press conference, which you can watch on Facebook.
- THE START: Nic will again broadcast her live commentary for ABC Grandstand to Facebook and YouTube (or you can tune in direct to ABC), and then will switch to her offshore team.
who will intercept the boats after the official broadcast on 7 concludes.
- During the race: We will bring you as many updates as we possibly can, and have a few surprises in store!
- THE FINISH: We will be live in the Derwent with coverage for as many boats as we can handle, and have a few surprises for friends and family who are watching from afar!
A massive thanks to our sponsors for the 76th Edition of the “Great Race”:
- Willie Smith’s
- R and R Smith’s
Thanks also to our supporters:
- Cronulla Sailing Club for help with our start coverage
- Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania for their support at the finish.
- A shout out to all of the volunteers in both Sydney and Hobart, and the CYCA who have managed to put this race on in exceptionally trying conditions this year!
I am so happy we can celebrate Christmas, and Hobart together this year, it’s been tough, make sure to tell those you care about how much you love them this year and always!Nic Douglass, Sailor Girl